by Yewande Olamiju
I know God can……but will He?
You’ve read and heard of the great miracles God has done in the lives of His people. You believe God is able but are doubting if He will. You know He can move mountains, heal the sick but wonder if, for you, He will. The question in your heart isn’t “Can God?” but “Will God?” You aren’t doubting God’s ability but His willingness.
Can God? Yes, He can. Will He? Yes.
A leper in Matthew 8 found this to be true.
When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy (Matt 8:1-3).
God says “Cast all your cares upon Me because I care about you” (1 Pet 5:7), “Come to Me and I will give you rest” (Matt 11:28).
God shows His willingness to help you when He says cast all your cares upon Him. He won’t tell you to cast your cares if He is not willing to help.
He confirms His willingness in the following scriptures:
1) This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him (1John 5:14-15)
2) Ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:24)
3) by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God (Phil 4:6)
4) no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly (Psalm 84:11)
5) For He hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither had He hid His face from him, but when he cried unto Him, He heard. (Psalm 22:24)
6) Your Father in Heaven gives good things to those who ask Him (Matt 7:12)
God still works in the lives of people today and He is willing to do the same for you.